Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa (Iron Fey #2)














  The Iron Daughter
  By Julie Kagawa
  Harlequin Teen
  August 1st 2010
  359 Pages





Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.


Okay... How can I start going on and on about how much I loved this book.. Oh.. I have an idea!

I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!
I was really scared to read this at first, beacause I had soo high expectations for it, and I was afraid that it wouldn't be as good as The Iron King.

GOSH I thought wrong! I thought so wrong!
This book was amazing! It starts off with Meghan trapped in the unseelie court, fulfilling the oath she made to Ash. And she is waiting for whatever will happend... And then something happens and something else happens, and this book just never stop 'happen'. But the basic plot in the story is about Meghan trying to find a stolen scepter, and stop a big war between seelie and unseelie. And That's all I'm going to say, because I am terrified about giving spoilers!

The romance thing in this book was stunningly sweet. It seriously made my girlie girl giggles and smiles and the romance was terrific! And It was also hilarious, but i think that it was Puck who made the book as fun as it was and I loved it. But it also made me spout out the pacific ocean and my throat was all choked. So obviously I loved it :)

I didn't have a problem with ANY of the characters, and that's really saying something, 'cause, I don't know why, but I normally have a problem with the 'friend'. So I think Kagawa thought about that too and made the 'friend' the most awesome person in the whole entire Nevernever! He is so funny and sweet and sarcastic and cool and protective and... Puck was in one word: AWESOME!

Ash... Og gosh Ash... He was... without a doubt... ASH!
I don't think that there's a way of describing Ash other than Ash, but I'll try. He made me SOOOOOO frustuated!!! And If you've read the book, You know what I'm talking about! He was cold, terrible, distant, annoying, frustuating, irritating and he was loving and sweet and charming and, and he was stubborn. In one word: ASH! So you can't do anything else but love him!


Meghan.. oh Meghan.
You really wanted to cry... A LOT!!! and I understand that, 'cause if I were in her situation, I would probably cry to. So I found that she was a really reliable character, and really 'human'.
I know a lot of people might find Meghan really annoying, but I can't see why. She is as realistic as she can be and at the same time, really strong and brave... So you can't say that she is not 'realish' bacause some of that is excactly how YOU would probably handle things, if YOU were in her shoes!
GO MEGHAN!


So basically I loved everything about this book! Everything! And nothing I will say, could ever give it justice.
You just have to find out yourself!

Okie Dokie, so that was my review of The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa!
If you haven't read this series... What are you waiting for YOU? Go, Go, Go...



1 comment:

  1. Hi Ali!
    Loved your review of The Iron Daughter. I liked the way you descriped Ash to be very 'Ash' 'cause he totally is :)
    By the way, I am also reading The Iron Queen right now, and I'm LOVING it!

    ReplyDelete